Surly Cross Check
The Cross-Check was the third frame we ever offered. There is no such thing as one bike that can do it all, but the Cross-Check does a good job of most things people use bikes for. It’s a cyclocross bike by design but that’s not how most people use it. It does as good a job getting you across the country as it does getting you across town. It’s at home on the road and on trails, on gravel, and just about whatever else you might run into. It’ll take pretty big tires, or smaller ones if you like. It can be built as a geared bike, a singlespeed or a fixed-gear.
The frame is designed to supply a comfortable but lively ride. The tubing is CroMoly steel, high quality drawn tubing built to our specifications. It’s built to work with components of popular sizes, meaning you can find options in tons of new and old parts. It will accommodate a wide range of crank types and chainring sizes. It’s got accommodations for racks and fenders front and rear. Because it takes those big tires, so you can outfit it to suit where and how you’ll use it.
We offer the Cross-Check as a frameset and also in complete bike form.
- Frame: Surly Cross-Check, Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double-butted. TIG-welded
- Fork: Surly Cross-Check, 4130 CroMoly, lugged and brazed. Sloping crown with threaded eylets, tapered and butted curved blades with mid-blade rack eyelets, dual dropout eyelets
- Seatpost clamp: Surly Stainless, 30.0mm
- Crankset: Andel QRSC31-227XR, 48/36T
- Bottom Bracket: Andel
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra FD-4600, silver
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore RD-T610 9 speed, black
- Cog or Cassette: Shimano CS-62-10, 11-32 9 speed
- Chain: KMC X10, Nickle plated goodness
- Headset: Cane Creek 40, 1-1/8?. Black
- Brakes: Tektro M730 linear pull, black
- Brake Levers: Tektro RL520 long pull, black/silver
- Shifters: Microshift BS-M10 10 speed shifter, friction/index adjustable; Black
- Stem: Kalloy AS-008, 26.0mm bar clamp.
- Aluminum, 4-bolt. Black:
- Handlebar: Salsa Bell Lap, Black
- Saddle: Velo VL1353, Black w/CroMoly Rail
- Seatpost: Kalloy SP-368 non-offset [42-50cm]; Kalloy SP-248D offset [52-64cm], 27.2mm. 300mm. Black
- Extras: Some pretty sweet & comfy cork tape
- Hubs: Shimano HB-T610-L, QR. 32h. Black
- Rims: Alex DH19 700c 32h doublewall, black w/ machined sidewall
- Spokes: DT Swiss Champion, 14g
- Tires: Surly Knard, 700x41mm 27tpi