The Ibis Silk SL uses a refined layup of high modulus carbon fiber, fine tuning prior year's weight savings and gain in strength. The carbon fiber headcups keep the weight down, resulting in a 58cm frame weight of about 2.2 lbs. The Silk SL is stiff but remarkably smooth riding - what you get is the responsiveness of a large tube aluminium bike combined with the suppleness of a Ti frame. Not only stiff and light but also very strong the Silk SL can survive a 900 pound frontal impact (at the front axle) before a failure of the down tube, stronger than many full-suspension mountain bikes!
* 2.2 lb frame weight (size 58)
* Low weight and high performance for moderate cost
* A great road race or century bike that is also at home in a criterium
* Investment cast bronze head badge
* Custom forged and CNC’d then nickel plated seat binder
* New matte clear ultra understated color option this year