The Air 9 is Niners' fast, light, geared-only alloy racing hardtail. This upgraded version integrates hydroformed tubing throughout. More than a cosmetic feature, hydroforming allows to shape tubes and optimize strength and stiffness in key areas, giving the ability to create beautifully tuned frames with precise ride characteristics. You will find hydroforming in the toptube, downtube, headtube, chainstays and seatstays.
Because of the larger welding area created by the new tapered headtube, Niner was able to include a massive hydroformed downtube as well as a significantly larger.
* Custom hydroformed alumium alloy tubing for a carefully tuned ride
* Tapered headtube for steering precision and stiffness
* Niner's proven hardtail 29er geometry
* Optimized for 80 to 100mm suspension forks
* Disc brake only
* Press fit 30 bottom bracket for more weight savings
* Replaceable derailleur hanger