The E.M.D. 9 may be the least expensive frame in the Niner lineup but it benefits from the same design process and expectations that they require from every Niner frame. Newly redesigned to integrate custom hydroformed tubing and a tapered headtube, the E.M.D. 9 is a worthy little brother to the Air 9.
Because of the larger welding area created by the new tapered headtube they were able to include a new, massive hydroformed downtube as well as a significantly larger diameter toptube, contributing to a much stronger frame.
* Great Niner design details and finishes in a hydroformed alloy hardtail
* Tapered headtube for steering precision and stiffness
* Niner's proven hardtail 29er geometry
* Optimized for 80 to 100mm suspension forks
* Exceptional tire and heel clearance
* Disc brake only
* Standard bottom bracket
* Replaceable derailleur hanger