Santa Cruz Hightower LT CC - X01 29 Kit
Built for big days in big terrain.
Hightower LT is designed for maximum speed in the biggest mountains. It’s truly race-bred, its design the result of the demands of racing at the EWS, Crankworx, and Andes Pacifico.
Midway through 2016, Mark Scott came to them with a request to eke more travel out of the bike. The stock 135mm wasn’t quite enough to maintain his speed on some of the rougher tracks. Their engineering team designed a new set of links that pushed travel to 146mm at the expense of some compatibility, but because Mark’s setup was a known variable, they could be very precise. They machined two sets on site, gave one to Mark, and the other to Iago Garay, a racer much more likely to take the fun line than tuck for speed.
The links went through a few iterations to find a balance of spring rate, travel, and shock compatibility. Toward the end of 2016, it became apparent that the best way to get the performance and travel required was to design a new swingarm to pair with the links, like they did with the V10. At this point the bike got a name—Hightower LT—and they pushed the travel to a full 150mm.
Starting from the Enduro World Series in Wicklow, the Santa Cruz | SRAM team have been racing on Wicklow Green production bikes—savvy internet commenters noticed the post-mount rear brake straightaway, and it's also been seen under the elusive Ratboy at Peaty's Steel City DH, Crankworx, and Megavalanche.
148mm Rear Axle Spacing150mm (6") VPP™ suspension15mm thru-axle fork29" wheelsBottle cage mount within front triangle fits piggyback shocksDouble sealed pivots for long bearing lifeIntegrated Headset (IS41; IS52)Internal carbon tubes ensure precise and hassle-free routing of derailleur and seat post cablesISCG-05 tabs for chainguide compatibilityRadial contact bearings maximize stiffnessThreaded Bottom Bracket
- Frame Material: Carbon CC
- Fork: Fox 36 Float Performance Elite 150
- Shock: Fox Float Performance Elite DPX
- Rear Dérailleur: SRAM X01 Eagle
- Shifters: SRAM X01 Eagle
- Chainring Size: 30 Tooth
- Crankset: SRAM X01 Eagle Carbon
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP Team
- Cassette: SRAM XG1295 Eagle 10-50T
- Chain: SRAM X01 Eagle 12 SPD
- Brakes: SRAM Guide RSC
- Brake Rotors: Avid Centerline 180mm
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 Series, Integrated
- Bars: Race Face SixC Carbon 800mm 35mm Clamp
- Stem: RaceFace Aeffect R 50mm
- Grips: Santa Cruz Palmdale Lock-on
- Front Hub: DT 350 15x1110 28H
- Rear Hub: DT 350 148X12 28H XD
- Rims: E13 TRS 27.5 28h 30mm
- Spokes: DT Swiss Competition
- Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHR 29x2.4 3C EXO TR
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Minion DHR 29x2.4 3C EXO TR
- Tubes: Stans Sealant
- Seat Post: Rockshox Reverb Stealth 31.6mm
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Pro