Continental Grand Sport Race Wire Tire
- The perfect all-round tyre with Continental's well-known level of quality
- Proven Continental racing tyre contour for responsive handling and secure grip
- Excellent puncture protection thanks to NyTechBreaker puncture protection insert
- Excellent grip and high mileage thanks to PureGrip Compound
The advanced new compound
Based on activated silica compounds, this technology was originally intended as an performance level compound, but after intensive development at our Korbach Research and Development Department Facility, an advanced new compound with outstanding grip and cross-country properties was developed. This new rubber mix, given the self explanatory name “PureGrip”, is ranked just behind their BlackChili Compound and is being used in their performance products both in the road and mountain bike sectors. Whilst providing great grip, it is also long lasting and highly durable – both characteristics of Continental tyres, which are exclusively manufactured in the factory in Hefei (Asia).
Nylon fabric in the performance sector
The new NyTech Puncture Protection has been developed based on the proven Continental SafetySystem Breaker. Its nylon fabric makes it resistant to punctures and cuts like Kevlar reinforced high strength fibres, but offers lower rolling resistance and reduced weight. The NyTech breaker sits between the SafetySystem and the PolyX Breaker® as a more effective puncture protection casing in the performance sector.
- Manufacturer Code: 0150144
- ETRTO: 32-630
- Dimension: 27" x 1 1/4"
- Technology: NyTech Breaker
- Compound: PureGrip
- TPI: 3/180
- Weight: 460g
- PSI: 65-102