How do I choose the correct size?
There are three important things you need to know about your set-up:
1. The Stroke of your shock - This is the actual travel of the shock itself. To measure this, measure the visible part of the shock shaft in Inches 1" = 25.4mm (This is the part that disappears as the shock compresses)
2. The Maximum Spring Free length that your shock will take. To do this wind the preload off completely and measure from the inside of the spring collar to the inside of the preload nut.
3. Spring rate in Lbs. - Spring rate refers to the stiffness of the spring and will vary due to rider weight, riding style/discipline, Leverage ratio of the bike, and suspension design. As a general rule you are trying to achieve the correct amount of sag. Sag is the amount your suspension travels when you're sitting on your seat, feet on your pedals and hands on the bars. This should be around 1/3 of the total travel on a DH bike and 1/4 of the total travel on an XC All mountain bike (This can vary due to suspension design and personal preference)
Once you have established the answer to 1, 2, 3 you need to choose your spring using the following rules:
1. Spring Stroke should be Equal to or Greater than Stroke of the shock
2. Spring Length should be less than the Max Free length of the shock (This is so the spring physically fits)
3. Spring Rate should be correct to suit your body weight, bike and riding style
Example. If your stroke is 2", your rate is 450Lbs and your max free length is 130mm. You need - 2.25" x 450Lbs x 125mm i.e - If you don't see a spring that has the exact stroke of your shock you can use a spring with a longer stroke, as long as the free length will fit.
Fox Suspension Float CTD Evolution Series Rear Shock Float over bumps with this Fox Suspension Float CTD Evolution Series Rear Shock. Thanks to Fox's CTD (Climb/Trail/Descend) system it's easy to...
Fox Racing Float CTD Factory Adjust Boost Valve 200-57mm Rear Shock – Air Shocks The FLOAT line packs a ton of performance and pedaling efficiency into a lightweight package. Boost Valve damping can...
Fits: Nomad 2 26"This is the 2014 Version of Shock Fox Suspension Float CTD Evolution Series Rear Shock Float over bumps with this Fox Suspension Float CTD Evolution Series Rear...
CTD: Kashima coated air sleeve and body, lever actuated 3-position Climb/Trail/Descend, air spring pressure, rebound, angled air valve for easier access, lightweight chassis.