FSA K-Force Light BB386EVO Crankset - No BB
K-Force Light BB386 represents the latest evolution of the carbon cranksets. Updated with contemporary graphics emphasize the racing and winning heritage of the model line. K-Force Light arms are molded with a removable bladder process that allows maximum compression of the carbon material with the lowest possible void areas.
- Hollow Carbon arms with UD Carbon finish
- For use with BB30 bottom bracket (Not supplied)
- AL7075 100% CNC chainrings
- AL7075 Torx T-30 alloy chainring bolts
- Sram and Shimano 10 and 11 speed compatible
- Length - L170mm, L172.5mm, L175mm
- Q-Factor - 147mm
- BCD - 110mm ABS (Asymmetric Bolt Spacing)
- Color graphics options - Red/White, Black/Grey
- Crank Weight - 584 grams
BB386EVO Points to Note:
- Current road BB shell width is 68mm.
- BB30 and PFBB30 systems have a 30mm spindle diameter and set the bearings inside the frame with the outer edge remaining at 68mm, so the crankset spindle is designed around a 68mm system.
- Standard systems use external bearing BB cups that push the edges to 86.5mm.
- GXP, Shimano standard and FSA MegaExo, etc., basically have crankarms designed around a 24mm spindle diameter and an 86.5mm spindle length since they require the external BB bearing cups.
- BB386EVO is designed with a 30mm OD spindle and an 86.5mm wide bottom bracket shell.
- Therefore, BB386EVO uses the larger 30mm spindle (lighter, stiffer) of the BB30/PF30 and the 86.5mm bearing width (wider, stiffer), giving it all of the benefits of each system with none of the drawbacks.