Juliana Furtado Carbon - S Kit - 2019
When you just want one, this is the one.
The go-to model for all-round riders, the Furtado proves that what goes up (well) can come down (equally well), too.
The balance of 130mm VPP travel and a 66.5° head tube angle delivers a package that’s nimble on tight technical stuff yet perfectly poised on tricky descents too.
The upper-link driven VPP design is engineered to be ultra-responsive. A firm initial stroke creates tight pedaling performance straight off the bat, while Juliana’s lighter shock tune remains supple enough to handle small bumps and keep things feeling playful. Deeper into the travel the progressive shock rate delivers a subtle bottom-out resistance that makes it feel like there’s more travel than there actually is.
The Furtado is suitable for almost all types of riders and trails. It has a unique personality that ranges from feisty dance partner on hot laps to trusty companion on more far flung adventures. We spec 2.6-inch tires on Reserve 37 rims because we feel it’s the sweet spot between traction and finesse, but there’s still enough clearance for up to 2.8-inch tires for those who want more grip.
Some people want a garage full of bikes for every occasion. Others want just one that’s good for any occasion. The Furtado is that bike.
- Completely up to date and fully-featured: Boost 148 rear spacing reduces frame flex, ISCG-05 tabs let you bolt on a chainguide and molded rubber frame protectors reduce rattles and keep your frame pristine.
- Durable, double-sealed pivots and a nearly bombproof frame, backed by a Lifetime Frame & Pivot Bearing Warranty
- Easy to build and maintain—we’ve equipped our frames with clean, no-hassle internal routing for derailleurs and dropper posts.
- Five inches (130mm) of our latest-generation VPP suspension.
- Nimble yet confident handling courtesy of the 66.5-degree head angle, low standover height, and short rear end.
- Kit: S Kit
- Weight: 13.11kg / 28.91lbs
- Fork: FOX 34 Float Performance 130
- Shock: FOX DPX2 Float Performance
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle
- Shifters: SRAM GX Eagle
- Crankset: SRAM Stylo 7k 148 DUB, 32t - 170mm (XS-S), 175mm (M-XL)
- Cassette: SRAM XG1275 11-50t
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle 12 SPD
- Brakes: SRAM Guide R
- Brake Rotors: Avid Centerline 180mm
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 for Tapered HT (17)
- Bars: Race Face Ride 35x760 bar
- Stem: Race Face Aeffect R 50mm
- Grips: Juliana Grips
- Front Hub: DT 370 15x110 32H
- Rear Hub: DT 370 Rear Hub 12x148 XD 32h
- Rims: Race Face AR Offset 27 27.5" Rims
- Spokes: DT Competition (32)
- Front Tire: Maxxis Minion 27.5x2.3 DHF 3c EXO TR
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Minion DHR2 TR; 27.5x2.3
- Tubes: Stans Sealant 2oz
- Seat Post: RockShox Reverb Stealth 31.6
- Saddle: Juliana Saddle Segundo 17