Santa Cruz 5010 CC Full Suspension Frame
5010 is built to serve the most technical backcountry missions.
130mm of VPP® (Virtual Pivot Point) travel produces a shorter chainstay length and lower BB height compared to the 5010’s bigger-travel brethren. This creates a uniquely playful character and an insatiable appetite for negotiating steep, rocky climbs.
And when it’s time to head home, playtime becomes a riot. The new 5010 has a 67-degree head tube angle, more aggressive than before, and the longer top tube welcomes the use of shorter stems for more precise handling and greater confidence on rapid descents. The 5010 also shares all the latest VPP® hardware with the new Bronson. The top-tube-mounted, box-section upper link is a leap forward in durability and stiffness, and the lower link rests cleanly out of the way, dramatically improving clearance and minimizing rock strikes.
Bike choice can be a numbers game, but if your game is conquering epic trails then 5010 is the only number you need know.
This CC-level carbon frame is every bit as stiff and strong as our C-level frame, but weighs about 280 grams less, due to the use of some lighter, stronger, and more expensive carbon fiber. Using this material in key places allowed us to use less material overall, which is what shaves off more than half a pound from the frame.
- 130mm VPP™ suspension
- 148mm Rear Axle Spacing
- 27.5" wheels
- Angular contact bearings maximize stiffness
- Bottle cage mount within front triangle fits piggyback shocks
- Collet axle pivots lock in place without pinch bolts
- Double sealed pivots for long bearing life
- Dual grease ports on lower link for easy maintenance
- Forged upper and lower links
- Full carbon dropouts and disk mounts
- Full carbon frame and swingarm
- ISCG05 tabs (carbon frames only)
- Molded rubber swingarm and downtube protection
- Stealth and external seatpost cable routing
- Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Shock: Fox Float Factory
- Suspension System: VPPTM
- Front Derailleur: Direct to Frame
- Headset/Headtube: mixed taper 1.5" Lower, 1'1/8" upper
- Seat Post: 31.6mm
- Seat Clamp: 36.4mm
- Eye to Eye length: 200mm
- Fork Compatibility: 120-140mm
- BB Shell: Standard
- Max Tire Size: 2.5"
- Brake Types: disc
- Water Bottle Mounts: 2x bottle cage mounts