Santa Cruz 5010 CC Full Suspension Frame - 2016
THE MAIN IMAGE IS FOR ILLUSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY - SPECS MAY VARY
5010 is built to serve the most technical backcountry missions.
130mm of VPP® (Virtual Pivot Point) travel produces a shorter chainstay length and lower BB height compared to the 5010’s bigger-travel brethren. This creates a uniquely playful character and an insatiable appetite for negotiating steep, rocky climbs.
And when it’s time to head home, playtime becomes a riot. The new 5010 has a 67-degree head tube angle, more aggressive than before, and the longer top tube welcomes the use of shorter stems for more precise handling and greater confidence on rapid descents. The 5010 also shares all the latest VPP® hardware with the new Bronson. The top-tube-mounted, box-section upper link is a leap forward in durability and stiffness, and the lower link rests cleanly out of the way, dramatically improving clearance and minimizing rock strikes.
Bike choice can be a numbers game, but if your game is conquering epic trails then 5010 is the only number you need know.
This CC-level carbon frame is every bit as stiff and strong as our C-level frame, but weighs about 280 grams less, due to the use of some lighter, stronger, and more expensive carbon fiber. Using this material in key places allowed us to use less material overall, which is what shaves off more than half a pound from the frame.
- 130mm VPP™ suspension
- 148mm Rear Axle Spacing
- Full carbon frame and swingarm
- 27.5" wheels
- Forged upper and lower links
- Double sealed pivots for long bearing life
- Dual grease ports on lower link for easy maintenance
- Full carbon dropouts and disk mounts
- Angular contact bearings maximize stiffness
- Collet axle pivots lock in place without pinch bolts
- Bottle cage mount within front triangle fits piggyback shocks
- Molded rubber swingarm and downtube protection
- Stealth and external seatpost cable routing
- Threaded Bottom Bracket
- ISCG-05 tabs for chainguide compatibility