Santa Cruz Bronson AL Full Suspension Frame - 2018
Living Up To The Hype
When SCB introduced Bronson, it took the market by storm, redefining what people expected from a 150mm trail bike. Equally at home in the Trans-Provence as it was on The Ridge, updating and improving it was going to be no small feat.
The most visible upgrade is the completely new VPP® link arrangement. The lower link tucks neatly above the bottom bracket, fully-recessed and protected from impacts. Meanwhile the box-section upper link now mounts cleanly to the top tube and enhances lateral stiffness as a result. Shock rate’s been refined in the process too, delivering greater small bump sensitivity and a more progressive mid-stroke.
Geometry has also evolved subtly to meet demand from riders for a bike of this ilk. The seat tube angle’s been steepened, placing the rider right above the cranks and perfectly in position to lay down the power. Meanwhile a one-degree slacker 66 degree head tube angle combines with a 20-25mm longer top tube and shorter chainstay length to create an evermore rally-ready geometry than its predecessor.
Santa Cruz Bronson 2018 Geometry and Sizing
- 148mm Rear Axle Spacing
- 150mm (6") VPP™ suspension
- 27.5" wheels
- Bottle cage mount within front triangle fits piggyback shocks
- Collet axle pivots lock in place without pinch bolts
- Double sealed pivots for long bearing life
- Molded rubber swingarm and downtube protection
- Radial contact bearings maximize stiffness
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- Stealth and external seatpost cable routing
- Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Shock: Fox Float Performance DPS
- Suspension System: VPPTM
- Front Derailleur: Direct to Frame
- Headset/Headtube: mixed taper 1.5" Lower, 1'1/8" upper
- Seat Post: 31.6mm
- Seat Clamp: 36.4mm
- Eye to Eye length: 200mm
- Stroke: 57mm
- Fork Compatibility: 150-160mm
- BB Shell: Standard
- Max Tire Size: 2.4"
- Brake Types: Disc
- Water Bottle Mounts: 1x bottle cage mount