Santa Cruz Tallboy 29 AL R1/SRAM Kit - DEMO
The Tallboy cuts a whole new swath across the trail bike landscape.
As a 27+ bike it revels in the severe. In desert-dry conditions the wider tires float above the dust and find oases of grip where standard tires flounder. And when the monsoon comes, lower tire pressures pull the Tallboy through the slickest of root sections like a Defender on diff-lock.
In its 29-inch form, the Tallboy’s renowned rowdy streak comes to the fore. Happy at full gas, up or down hill, the speed and agility of the 29 configuration will have you bagging on e-bikes at every turn.
A 68 degree head angle and 110mm of VPP travel distills the original Tallboy’s playful character into something all the more mischievous. Longer reach and shorter chainstays fuel that personality, and bring the Tallboy bang up to date with the rest of the Santa Cruz range.
A flip chip on the upper link, combined with either a 130mm fork (for 27+) or 120mm fork (for 29-inch), ensures geometry remains consistent across a vast range of build kits and sizes, from S to XL (no XXL in aluminum).
The versatile trail bike of choice for rapid riders like Greg Minnaar—the Tallboy is for those who don’t roll with the pack.
This alloy version of the Tallboy includes all the features you'll find on our C and CC-level carbon frames, but in an attractive, strong, aluminum package. It's also available in sizes Small through XL, but there is an XXL size offered in the carbon fiber models.
Features and Specifications:
- Frame Material: Aluminum
- Fork: FOX Rhythm 120
- Shock: Fox Float Performance
- Rear Dérailleur: SRAM NX
- Shifters: SRAM NX
- Chainring Size: 30 Tooth
- Crankset: RaceFace Aeffect AL
- Bottom Bracket: Included w/ crankset
- Cassette: SRAM XG1150 10-42
- Chain: SRAM PC1110
- Brakes: SRAM Level T
- Brake Rotors: Avid Centerline; 180mm
- Headset: Cane Creek 10 Series; integrated
- Bars: RaceFace Ride Lo-Rise; 760mm; 35mm clamp
- Stem: Race Face Ride, 35mm clamp
- Grips: Santa Cruz Palmdale Lock-on
- Front Hub: Novatec D711; 15x110mm
- Rear Hub: Novatec D712; 12x148mm
- Rims: WTB STP i23 TCS; 32h
- Spokes: DT Swiss Champion
- Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF Exo 3c; 29x2.3
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Crossmark 2 DC EXO TR; 29x2.25
- Tubes: Stans Sealant
- Seat Post: Race Face Ride 31.6x400mm
- Saddle: WTB Volt Race
- 110mm VPP™ Suspension
- 120mm fork for 29" kits/130mm fork for 27.5+ configurations
- 148mm Rear Axle Spacing
- 27.5 Plus-Compatible
- Bottle cage mount
- Flip-Chip on upper link to maintain geometry in 29” and 27.5+ configurations
- Integrated Headset
- Removable front derailleur mount for maximum drivetrain compatibility
- Sizes: XXL carbon-only
- Threaded Bottom Bracket