Santa Cruz Tallboy 29 CC X01/ENVE Kit - DEMO
The Tallboy cuts a whole new swath across the trail bike landscape.
As a 27+ bike it revels in the severe. In desert-dry conditions the wider tires float above the dust and find oases of grip where standard tires flounder. And when the monsoon comes, lower tire pressures pull the Tallboy through the slickest of root sections like a Defender on diff-lock.
In its 29-inch form, the Tallboy’s renowned rowdy streak comes to the fore. Happy at full gas, up or down hill, the speed and agility of the 29 configuration will have you bagging on e-bikes at every turn.
A 68 degree head angle and 110mm of VPP travel distills the original Tallboy’s playful character into something all the more mischievous. Longer reach and shorter chainstays fuel that personality, and bring the Tallboy bang up to date with the rest of the Santa Cruz range.
A flip chip on the upper link, combined with either a 130mm fork (for 27+) or 120mm fork (for 29-inch), ensures geometry remains consistent across a vast range of build kits and sizes, from S to XXL.
The versatile trail bike of choice for rapid riders like Greg Minnaar—the Tallboy is for those who don’t roll with the pack.
This CC-level carbon frame is every bit as stiff and strong as our C-level frames, but weighs about 280 grams less, due to the use of some lighter, stronger, and more expensive carbon fiber. Using this material in key places allowed us to use less material overall, which is what shaves off more than half a pound from the frame.
- Frame Material: Carbon CC
- Fork: Fox 34 Float 29 Performance Elite
- Shock: Fox Float Performance Elite
- Rear Dérailleur: SRAM X01 Eagle
- Shifters: SRAM X01 Eagle
- Chainring Size: 30 Tooth
- Crankset: SRAM X1 Eagle Carbon
- Bottom Bracket: Included w/ crankset
- Cassette: SRAM XG1295; 10-50t
- Chain: SRAM X01 Eagle Powerlock
- Brakes: SRAM Level TLM
- Brake Rotors: Avid Centerline; 180mm
- Headset: Cane Creek 40, Integrated
- Bars: Santa Cruz Carbon Flat Bar; 31.8mm clamp, 750mm (S-M), 780mm (L-XXL)
- Stem: Raceface Turbine Basic
- Grips: Santa Cruz Palmdale Lock-on
- Front Hub: DT Swiss 350 110x15
- Rear Hub: DT Swiss 350 148x12
- Rims: m60/40 ENVE Rims
- Spokes: DT Swiss Competition Double-Butted
- Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF Exo 3c; 29x2.3
- Rear Tire: Maxxis Ardent Race Exo; 29x2.35
- Tubes: Stans Sealant
- Seat Post: Rock Shox Reverb Stealth; 31.6x 125mm (S), 150mm(M-XL), 170mm (XXL)
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Team
- 110mm VPP™ Suspension
- 120mm fork for 29" kits/130mm fork for 27.5+ configurations
- 148mm Rear Axle Spacing
- 27.5 Plus-Compatible
- Bottle cage mount
- Flip-Chip on upper link to maintain geometry in 29” and 27.5+ configurations
- Integrated Headset
- Internal carbon tubes ensure precise and hassle-free routing of derailleur and seat post cables
- Removable front derailleur mount for maximum drivetrain compatibility
- Sizes: XXL carbon-only
- Threaded Bottom Bracket