Santa Cruz V10 CC Full Suspension Frame - 2016
In development with the Syndicate since early 2013, we wrung full potential out of the new wheel standard before unveiling it at the races. The restraint paid off, and the new V10 hoovered up a 2014 World Cup title and a World Champs medal within weeks of being released.
Drawing on feedback from Peat, Minnaar and Bryceland on their personal settings, the 6th generation of our flagship model now offers 216mm / 8.5” of travel in two adjustable geometry positions:
HIGH: 64° headtube angle / 360mm bottom bracket height.
LOW: 63.5° headtube angle / 353mm bottom bracket height.
The shock rate has been tuned to be less progressive than the previous model, delivering more consistent damping throughout the travel.
Carbon lay-up analysis and frame shape optimization allowed for more efficient use of material, and the savings were then reinvested into other areas to ensure the bike withstands Ratboy’s huge flat landings. The front triangle and swingarm sport larger-diameter sections, but we’ll refrain from the usual drone about the positive effect that has on strength and stiffness.
The new frame benefits from a slightly longer reach to suit evolving rider preferences. However, our athletes felt we always struck a good balance with our chainstay length, so we focused on maintaining this dimension when accommodating larger wheels.
As if a complete redesign weren’t enough, we’ve also introduced the new Carbon C frame with a Zee build kit. This build puts V10 performance within reach of more riders than ever before, lifting the race pace of World Cup athletes and privateers alike.
- Full carbon frame and swingarm
- 216mm (8.5") VPP suspension
- 27.5" wheels
- Adjustable geometry with HIGH & LOW settings
- Double sealed pivots for long bearing life
- Dual grease ports on lower link for easy maintenance
- Integrated fork bumpers with cable guide
- Molded clip-on chainstay and upright protector
- Full carbon dropouts and disk mounts
- Angular contact bearings maximize stiffness
- Collet axle pivots lock in place without pinch bolts
- Molded rubber swingarm and downtube protection
- 157mm rear axle spacing
- Threaded BB for creak-free riding and easy installation
- ISCG-05 tabs for chainguide compatibility