Santa Cruz V10 CC Full Suspension Frame - 2018
The Most Successful Downhill Bike of All Time, Reinvented.
The Santa Cruz V10 is the winningest bike in downhill World Cup history. Born from racing, and more than adept at the bike park, the V10's lower-link-driven, VPP suspension sports 216mm of VPP travel—yet pedals out of corners and down long motorway sections much more efficiently than you'd ever expect. They drew on feedback from the Syndicate riders, and the sixth generation V10 features a flip chip to adjust the geometry to give you a low and slack, and a lower and slacker setting:
High: 64° headtube angle / 360mm bottom bracket height.
Low: 63.5° headtube angle / 353mm bottom bracket height.
The shock rate has been tuned to be more linear and deliver consistent damping throughout the travel. Carbon lay-up analysis and frame shape optimization allowed for more efficient use of material, and the savings were then reinvested into other areas to ensure the bike withstands huge, flat landings. The front triangle and swingarm sport larger-diameter sections, but we’ll refrain from the usual drone about the positive effect that has on strength and stiffness. The new frame benefits from a slightly longer reach to suit evolving rider preferences. However, their athletes felt that they always struck a good balance with chainstay length, so they focused on maintaining this dimension when accommodating the 27.5" wheels.
Santa Cruz V10 2018 Geometry and Sizing - Low SettingSanta Cruz V10 2018 Geometry and Sizing - High Setting
- 157mm rear axle spacing
- 216mm (8.5") VPP suspension
- 27.5" wheels
- Adjustable geometry with HIGH & LOW settings
- Collet axle pivots lock in place without pinch bolts
- Double sealed pivots for long bearing life
- Dual grease ports on lower link for easy maintenance
- Full carbon dropouts and disk mounts
- Full carbon frame and swingarm
- Integrated fork bumpers with cable guide
- ISCG-05 tabs for chainguide compatibility
- Molded clip-on chainstay and upright protector
- Molded rubber swingarm and downtube protection
- Radial contact bearings maximize stiffness
- Threaded Bottom Bracket
- Shock: Fox DHX2 Factory SLS or RockShox Vivid Air
- Suspension System: VPPTM
- Front Derailleur: No compatibility
- Headset/Headtube: 1.5"
- Seat Post: 30.9mm
- Eye to Eye length: 222mm
- Stroke: 70mm
- Fork Compatibility: 203mm
- BB Shell: Standard
- Max Tire Size: 2.5"
- Brake Types: Disc
- Water Bottle Mounts: None